The Territories of the Russian Federation 2006 offers a diverse collection of political and economic information on the Russian Federation and its eighty-nine constituent units.
The Introduction examines the Russian Federation as a whole, and consists of an essay written by acknowledged experts, focusing on the economic relationship between the federal subjects and the state, followed by a chronology, demographic and economic statistics, and a review of the federal Government.
The second section comprises Territorial Surveys, with a chapter on each of Russia's eighty-nine federal subjects. Each chapter includes:
* A map, plus a description of location, topography, area and population
* Details of the history of the territory, followed by information on the recent and existing political situation
* An economic survey, presenting the latest available data on transport, agriculture, industry, external trade, finance and employment
* A directory listing essential names and addresses for the leading political officials.
The third and fourth parts comprise a select bibliography of books and Indexes, listing the territories alphabetically, with a gazetteer of alternative names, and by both Federal Okrug and economic area.
* A comprehensive overview of the Russian Federation
* Offers an analysis and understanding of the country's regional dimension
* Invaluable directories of important territorial contacts
* Detailed and accurate political, economic and statistical information
* Some 100 current maps
* Extensive information from a wide variety of sources, many of which are unavailable in English.