As the field of sport psychology has matured, so a greater appreciation for a diversity of training models, research methodologies, and therapeutic approaches, opposed to the dominant models of objective testing, has developed. The Athlete Apperception Technique (AAT) sets out a sport-specific projective test for practitioners working in sport and exercise service delivery or counselling work with athletes and coaches.
This innovative book includes
The AAT will help sport practitioners identify and assess personality features, relationships, anxieties, achievement, motivation, and perfectionism, and augment the recent shift in orientation for service delivery to athletes and provide a more in-depth understanding of athletes’ characters. The AAT is useful supplementary reading for students of sport psychology and a novel tool for any practicing sport psychologist.
1. Projective Techniques
2. Development of the Athlete Apperception Technique
3. Properties of the AAT, the AAT-S, and the AAT-C Images
4. Administration Procedures for the AAT, the AAT-S and the AAT-C
5. Scoring and Interpretation of Projective Techniques
6. The AAT Image Sets
7. Final Thoughts on Using the AAT