The British Economy in Transition From the Old to the New?
The British Economy in Transition: From the Old to the New? examines attempts at economic regeneration in areas that have experienced the decline in 'traditional' industry of recent years. The contributors also look at the impact of techno and managerial modernization strategies in industries that have survived, but have had to adapt rapidly to do so. Coverage includes:
* Steel closure and economic regeneration
* Defence conversion
* Modernizing textiles
* Modernizing motor vehicles
* Trading ports in Merseyside
* From manufacturing to sevice industries in the Midlands
* the Engineering industry - prospects in the South East
* Deindustrialization and regeneration in the North East
Each industry is discussed by an expert in this area. The book will be a valuable guide to all those interested in change in British industry and business.