- This format cannot be shipped to your selected country.
- Available for pre-order on May 11, 2023. Item will ship after June 1, 2023
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
Eli Goldratt is known by millions of readers worldwide as a scientist, educator and business guru. His Theory of Constraints (TOC) is taught at business schools and MBA programs around the globe. Government agencies and businesses, large and small, have adopted his methodologies. TOC has been successfully applied in almost every area of human endeavor, from industry to healthcare to education. And while Eli Goldratt is indeed a scientist, an educator and a business leader, he is first and foremost a philosopher; some say a genius. He is a thinker who provokes others to do the same.
In The Choice, Goldratt once again presents his thought-provoking approach, this time through a conversation with his daughter, Efrat, as they discuss his fundamental system of beliefs. Through examples and discussions, Eli Goldratt helps us understand, holistically, how the interrelation of emotions, intuition and logic influences our ability to think clearly and problem solve when making personal and professional decisions.
- Can every conflict be removed?
- Is every situation exceedingly simple? (no matter how complex it initially looks)
- Can every situation be substantially improved?
- Is there always a win-win solution?
Dr. Goldratt exhorts his readers to examine and reassess their lives and business practices by cultivating a different perspective and a clear new vision. This revised edition includes Efrat’s Notes – these notes and logical maps are helpful tools that assist in visualizing and implementing the thoughts and ideas expressed throughout this book.
Table of Contents
1. What Choice Do We Have? 2. Uncommon Sense 3. Why is Common Sense Not Common Practice? 4. Inherent Simplicity 5. Contradictions and Conflicts 6. Putting the Belief to Work 7. Harmony 8. Never Say "I Know" 9. Win-Win 10. Never Say "I Know" (CONTINUED) 11. How Many Opportunities Are There? 12. Short Shelf Life Products 13. The Sky is Not the Limit 14. Thinking Clearly and Tautologies 15. Comfort Zones 16. People Are Good 17. Comfort Zones (CONTINUED) 18. Emotion, Intuition and Logic
Eliyahu M. Goldratt was an internationally recognized leader in the development of new business management concepts and systems. He was the developer of the Theory of Constraints, and acted as an educator to many of the world's corporations. His book, The Goal, has been a bestseller since 1984 and is recognised as one of the bestselling management books of all time, having sold over 10 million copies worldwide.
Efrat Goldratt-Ashlag holds a PhD in Organizational Psychology and specializes in training, developing and building training materials to enable personal and organizational growth.