Mason provides concise coverage of the entire Cold War, paying particular attention to the Soviet-American dimension. This pamphlet:
* Analyzes the origins of the conflict
* Examines how the existence of nuclear weapons gives a unique character to the period
* Discusses the involvement of other nations and regions, particularly China
* Explains how and why the cold war ended
* Draws on recent research of revisionist scholars.
About the Series
Lancaster Pamphlets provide a concise and up-to-date analysis of major historical topics covered by both the main A-Level syllabuses and by introductory courses in higher education. Lancaster Pamphlets is a series initiated and edited by the history department at Lancaster University.
* provides an authoritative introduction to the topic
* brings the central themes and problems into sharper focus
* incorporates traditional and revisionist approaches
* uses the most recent research to stimulate critical thought and interpretation
BISAC Subject Codes/Headings:
- HISTORY / General