Examining environmental issues throughout the world, this reference title contains thorough definitions and explanations of terms relating to the environment. The volume includes detailed maps, an extensive bibliography and a Who's Who section, making this an essential one-stop reference work for anyone interested in environmental issues.
Features of this title include:
- an updated A-Z section of key terms and issues surrounding the environment
- a comprehensive directory section organized alphabetically by country, listing main governmental and non-governmental organizations, both national and international
- a series of maps showing environmental features both regionally and world-wide
- an extensive bibliography of relevant periodicals
- a comprehensive who's who section of the leading personalities actively involved with environmental affairs.
This new edition includes three revised and updated essays on The Politics of the Environment:
- 'International Environmental Politics and the State' – by Hugh Dyer
- 'International Organizations and the Global Environment' – by Hannes R. Stephan and Fariborz Zelli
- 'The Ethical Dimentionsof Global Environmental Change' – by Chukwumerije Okereke
'This Encyclopedia and Directory provides an easy-to-use printed reference source covering a wide variety of environmental affairs that are brought together conveniently in one volume.' – Science and Technology
'I have no doubt that administrators, authors and researchers will find this volume useful.' – Environmental Education
'A fine reference.' – Reference and Research Book News
'Many institutions will find this volume a useful companion.' – Royal Institute of International Affairs