An extensive and unequalled one-volume guide covering over 1,700 international and regional organizations, this title provides detailed and accurate information on a wide spectrum of international organizations from the UN to the International Council for Science.
- introductory articles: An Introduction to International Organizations and The International System in the Early Twenty-first Century
- a chronology charting the historical development of international organizations
- texts of significant international charters, treaties and documents
- lists of key UN Security Council and General Assembly resolutions, plus information about peace-keeping activities
- a who's who of leading officials within international organizations
- a directory and further information on each organization including contact information, details of membership, leading officials, activities, finance, publications and subsidiary organizations
- an extensive, alphabetically-arranged index.
'An important reference source' - European Information Management