The Far East and Australasia 2016
This comprehensive survey of the countries of East and South-East Asia, Australia and New Zealand, along with 22 Pacific islands, fully revised to reflect current economic and political developments, is an essential resource for the Asia-Pacific region.
Calendar of Political Events
A calendar of events provides a convenient reference guide to the year’s main political developments
Written by leading experts, this collection of essays provides incisive analysis of regional issues.
Individual chapters on each country containing:
- essays on geography, history and the economy
- an economic and demographic survey of the latest available statistics on population, health and welfare, agriculture, forestry, fishing, mining, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, communications and education
- a comprehensive directory of names and contact details covering the most significant political, financial and commercial institutions
- a country-specific bibliography.
An entire section is dedicated to the Pacific islands, including specially commissioned essays examining the contemporary politics of the islands, their economies, security concerns and the environmental issues confronting them
- includes all major international organizations active in the region, their aims, activities, publications and principal personnel
- a detailed survey of major commodities in Asia and the Pacific
- a directory of research institutes specializing in the region
- select bibliographies of books and periodicals covering the Asia-Pacific region
- an index of regional organizations.
Table of Contents
Part 1: General Survey Part 2: Country Surveys Sections on geography, history and economy, as well as statistical surveys, directories and bibliographies for each country. Part 3: Regional Information Regional Organizations. Major Commodities of Asia and the Pacific. Calendars and Time Reckoning. Research Institutes Studying the Far East and Australasia. Select Bibliography (Books). Select Bibliography (Periodicals). Index of Regional Organizations. Index of Territories. List of Maps.
Europa publicationshave long been regarded as premier reference resources, providing authoritative political and economic data for every country and region of the world, biographical profiles of the most influential global figures in every field, including politics, science, business, academia, the arts and the media, and unrivalled access to information on universities, libraries and other academic institutions world-wide.
Available in print and online, Europa's principal titles, The Europa World Year Book,The Europa Regional Surveys of the World, The International Who's Who and The Europa World of Learning, serve the contemporary research needs of students, academics and information-seekers in specialist and general reference libraries, government offices and commercial institutions in every country.
' ... an indispensable reference work' -World Affairs Report