The Fashion Handbook is the indispensable guide to the fashion industry. It explores the varied and diverse aspects of the business, bringing together critical concepts with practical information about the industry’s structure and core skills, as well as offering advice on real working practices and providing information about careers and training.
Tracing the development of the fashion industry, this book looks at how fashion can be understood from both social and cultural perspectives. Each chapter contributes to the knowledge of a particular academic or vocational area either through building on existing research or through the dissemination of new research undertaken into specialist vocational disciplines.
The Fashion Handbook uses case studies, interviews and profiles and includes chapters written by recognised academics and fashion industry experts. Specialist topics include fashion culture, luxury brands, fashion journalism, fashion buying, design and manufacturing, retailing, PR and styling.
The Fashion Handbook includes:
- a unique and wide overview of the fashion industry
- chapters on specialist topics
- contributions from recognised experts in both academia and the fashion industry
- expert advice on careers in fashion retailing.
A must for all students of the fashion world.
1) The nature of the clothing and textile industries: - structure, context and processes
2) Analysing Fashion
Pamela Church Gibson
3) Fashion Design
4) Global Luxury brands
Tim Jackson and Carmen Haid
5) Fashion Clothing Manufacture
6) Fashion Retailing
7) Fashion Buying & Merchandising
8) Fashion Journalism
9) Fashion PR and Styling
Carmen Haid, Tim Jackson and David Shaw
10) Careers in Fashion Retailing
Tim Jackson and David Shaw
11) The Future for Fashion
' At last a serious book about the fashion industry! A must for fashion departments, marketing and business schools and careers advisers alike.' - UC Magazine