The newly revised third edition of Rick Young’s The Focal Easy Guide to Final Cut Pro X is the ultimate mentor for getting up and running with Apple’s professional editing software, regardless of your skill level. In this step-by-step, full-color guide, Rick clearly explains the key concepts and essential knowledge needed to edit your project from start to finish, providing clear, time-saving instructions on producing and outputting using Final Cut Pro X.
This new edition includes:
- A thorough introduction to Final Cut Pro X and the philosophy by which the software works
- Complete coverage of the post production process, including setup, importing and organizing media, editing, audio and output
- Additional sections on Multicam Editing, working with Proxies, effective Media Management, the Magnetic Timeline, Batch Share and Effects Production
- New chapters, covering in detail: Roles, Color Correction and the Touch Bar
- Instructions on encoding, distributing and archiving your completed projects
- And an accompanying eResource featuring downloadable video footage that you can edit with using the techniques covered in the book
Packed with tutorials and real-world examples, The Focal Easy Guide to Final Cut Pro X will take you through the ins and outs of the software and have you editing and outputting your movies in no time!
Published July 2019
Table of Contents
- System Setup
- The Interface
- Importing Media
- Color Correction
- Share and Archive
- The Touchbar
- Enjoy the Ride
Rick Young has worked in broadcast television, corporate and events production, for close to three decades. He is a freelance television director, lighting cameraman, editor and filmmaker. As an editor Rick has cut film, worked in both offline and online tape suites, and also with several different non-linear editing systems. Clients Rick has worked for include the BBC, Sky, ITN, CNBC and Reuters. Check out Rick’s latest venture, a website devoted to those passionate about lighting and cinematography: www.dedo.tv.
"Rick always seems to find the essentials so necessary to learn and effectively work with Final Cut Pro. . . He cuts to the chase with very specific, step-by-step instructions and ‘how-to’s,’ making it seem as if he were the instructor sitting right next to you in a private lesson."
—Steve Douglas, Videographer; Writer and Reviewer, www.kenstone.net
"Speed, quality, and organization are imperative in today’s video editing environment. Rick has written an easy-to-follow guide for editors of all levels that will have you editing and exporting your footage quickly, so you can share your work with the world."
—Chip Dizárd, Media Professor; Final Cut Pro X Certified Trainer; Co-founder, WebVideoChefs.com
"It is the clearest, easiest to use guide I've ever seen! The explanations are concise and easy to follow, and the ample illustrations on every page show exactly what to do. It makes even complex operations easy to understand and perform."
—Dan Cross, Professor of Film, Southwestern Illinois College