The Global Floriculture Industry: Shifting Directions, New Trends, and Future Prospects presents some of the latest research trends and areas of improvement to benefit the floriculture industry and to understand future directions and prospects. The research addresses the global floriculture industry’s shift from traditional to a commercial focus. The global economy has spurred entrepreneurs to focus on the growing trend of export-oriented floriculture under controlled climatic conditions. The volume also looks at the role of plants in stabilizing the environment and the use of scientific knowledge through research that has changed the perspective of modern floriculture.
This new book is a valuable compilation of the latest research work and areas of improvement in floriculture today.
Table of Contents
1. The Global Floriculture Industry: Status and Future Prospects
Ismail Abiola Adebayo et al.
2. Bulbous Ornamentals: Role and Scope in Floriculture Industry
Fahima Gul, Waseem Shahri, and Inayatullah Tahir
3. Micropropagation of Tulipa Species
Musadiq Hussain Bhat et al.
4. Ornamental Plants: Some Molecular Aspects
Waseem Shahri, Fahima Gul, and Inayatullah Tahir
5. An Overview of the Pharmacological Properties and Potential Applications of Lavender and Cumin
Muneeb U Rehman et al.
6. Enhancing Consumer Traits in Floriculture Crops through Genetic Manipulation for Production of Skin Medico-Cosmetics
Sheikh Umar Ahmad
7. Caragana, An Important Ornamental Plants in Stabilizing the Environment
Muhammad Waseem and Md. Mahadi Hasan
Khalid Rehman Hakeem, PhD, is Professor at King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.