The third edition of Government and Politics in Ireland has been updated to take account of the political developments that have taken place in Ireland between 1981 and 1991. Amongst the topics covered are political parties, pressure groups, the government and the Dail and local government.
Table of Contents
List of tables and figures.
1. Basic influences.
2. The changing face (and mind?) of Ireland.
3. The framework of limited government.
4. Political communications and the mass media.
5. Patterns of participation and representation.
6. Political parties.
7. Pressure groups.
9. The policy makers.
10. The government and the Dail.
11. The Oireachtas.
12. The pattern of public administration.
13. The control of administration and the civil service.
15. Local government.
16. Controlling the administration.
17. The European Community dimension in Irish Government.
1. How the Dail is Elected.
2. State-Sponsored Bodies in 1991.
3. The Main Functions of Local Authorities.