The Indian Way An Introduction to the Philosophies & Religions of India
There is no other book that explains both the philosophies and religions of India in their full historical development. The Indian Way is accessible to beginning students, and does justice to the Indian tradition’s richness of religious and philosophical thought. Clear and powerful explanations of yajna and dharma, and appealing, intimate descriptions of Krishna, Kali, and Shiva allow students to read some of the great Indian texts for themselves.
2. Roots of the Indian Way: Indus and Vedic Beginnings.
3. Creation and Celebration in the Vedas.
4. Liberating Knowledge: The Upanisads.
5. Self and Society: Norms of Life.
6. The Jaina Vision.
7. The Way of the Buddha.
9. The Bhagavad Gita.
10. Devotional Hinduism: God as Joy, Love, and Beauty.
11. Devotional Hinduism: Kali and Shiva.
12. Systematic Philosophy: Bondage, Liberation, and Causality.
13. Systematic Philosophy: Knowledge and Reality.
14. Islam in India.
15. The Faith of the Sikhs.
16. Renaissance in India.
17. Prospects for the Future.