Confused by cases? Stuck on statutes? Or just unsure where to start with writing, research or revision? The Insider’s Guide to Legal Skills will show you what you need to succeed, applying skills in their real-world context and helping you get to grips with legal method and thinking.
Making use of problem-based learning and examples throughout, the fully updated second edition of this practical and accessible guide will provide you with a clear guide to skills within the law degree, including online learning. It will show you how to make the most of these skills in assessment and also help you to see their importance to a future legal career.
Designed for students who want a clear overview of what a law degree is all about, the book has been built on the skills curriculum, and is a suitable text for Legal Skills, Methods and Reasoning courses as well as a general introduction to law, or pre-reading for those considering a law degree.
For more information, including Brexit: The Comic Strip, visit https://tldr.legal/resource/brexit-the-comic-strip.html
- Meet our friends...
- Online learning: breakouts, chats and staying focused
- Academic and university survival skills: standing on your own two feet
- Your guide to the English legal system: order, order!
- Sources of law: the tools of your trade
- Legal research: digging deeper
- Legal writing: weaning off 'like' and 'innit'
- Referencing and plagiarism: borrow don't steal
- Mooting and public speaking: speaker's corner
- Employability skills: learn to earn
- Revision and exams: law, eat, sleep, repeat