FIDIC contracts are the most widely used contracts for international construction around the world and are used in many different jurisdictions, both common law and civil law. For any construction project, the General Conditions of Contract published by FIDIC need to be supplemented by Particular Conditions that specify the specific requirements of that project.
The International Application of FIDIC Contracts: A Practical Guide provides readers with detailed guidance and resources for the preparation of the Particular Conditions that will comply with the requirements of the applicable laws that apply to the site where the work is carried out, and for the governing law of the contract, for a number of the jurisdictions in which FIDIC contracts are used.
This book is essential reading for construction professionals, lawyers and students of construction law.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction Dr Donald Charrett
2. FIDIC Golden Principles Dr Donald Charrett
3. Preparation of Particular Conditions Dr Donald Charrett
4. Australia Dr Donald Charrett
5. Brazil Thiago Fernandes Moreira and Caio Gabra
6.China Sun Yiwen
7. Czech Republic Dr Lukas Klee, Vojtech Hradecny and Anastazie Jegorova
8. Fiji Nicholas Barnes and Melvin Chand
9. France David Brown and Michael Conrad
10. Germany Dr Götz-Sebastian Hök and Dr Henry Stieglmeier
11. Ghana Kwame Amankwah-Twum and Priscilla Tara Buckman
12. Hong Kong Ben Bury and Julie-Anne Pemberton
13. Italy Nicola Davide Romano
14. Malaysia Ben Bury and Julie-Anne Pemberton
15.Papua New Guinea Joseph Barbaro, Andrew McCormack, Nick Thorne, Ryan Waroka and Kenneth Imako
16. Peru Jaime Gray and Jonnathan Bravo
17.Romania Cremona Cotovelea
18. South Africa Johan Beyers
19. Sri Lanka Dr Harsha Cabral, Malith Mendis and Chamaka Ambagahawita
20. Switzerland Sam Moss, Tino Schneider and Jean-Rodolphe Fiechter
21. United Arab Emirates Erin Miller Rankin and Samantha Lord Hill
Dr Donald Charrett, FCIArb, currently practices as a barrister, arbitrator, mediator and Dispute Board member in construction and engineering disputes. He was previously a consulting engineer for over 25 years.
"The International Application of FIDIC Contracts: A Practical Guide edited by Dr Donald Charrett is a timely and extremely useful guide. It is the first book, which identifies, on a jurisdiction by jurisdiction basis, the issues to be addressed when amending the new rainbow suite of FIDIC contracts. In time, it will be an invaluable "go to" guide for the construction industry." - Nick Longley, Partner at HFW
"Whilst aimed at contract administrators and/or lawyers who are more familiar with the requirements of and peculiarities of FIDIC, and the application of FIDIC in a range of jurisdictions, any lawyer involved in the drafting and negotiation of a FIDIC contract should read and digest this book." - Bill Barton, Director of Barton Legal