The Italian Multinationals (RLE International Business)
This book, based on extensive, original, detailed research presents a comprehensive overview of the Italian multinationals and their activities during the 1990s. It:
- surveys the size, geographical and sectoral distribution of Italian multinationals
- examines why they went international, how and what they gained
- discusses the strategic position of Italian multinationals in the world economy
- examines the effect of multinationals investment both inward and outward on the Italian economy
- provides detail on individual companies
Acknowledgements. Introduction. 1. Patterns of International Specialisation and Technological Competitiveness in Italian Manufacturing Industry. Fabrizio Onida. 2. Size and Trends of Italian Direct Investment Abroad: A Quantitative Assessment Gianfranco Viesti. 3. Geographical and Sectoral Pattern of Italian Direct Investment Abroad Cesare Schieppati. 4. International Strategies of Italian Multinationals Gianfranco Viesti. 5. Italian Non-Equity Ventures Abroad: Evidence from Field Interviews Giovanni Balcet. 6. Technological Interdependence, Market Structure and the Pattern of International Growth of Italian Firms Gianfranco Viesti. 7. Italian Inward and Outward Direct Investment: A Comparison Sergio Mariotti. 8. Summary and Conclusions: Italy as an International Investo Fabrizio Onida and Gianfranco Viesti.