The Language of ICT:
* explores the nature of the electronic word and presents the new types of text in which it is found
* examines the impact of the rapid technological change we are living through
* analyses different texts, including email and answerphone messages, webpages, faxes, computer games and articles about IT
* provides detailed guidance on downloading material from the web, gives URLs to visit, and includes a dedicated webpage
* includes a comprehensive glossary of terms.
Tim Shortis is Head of English and Communication Studies at Saint Brendan's Sixth Form College and a senior examiner for the AQA English Language A level.