Informa Law from Routledge
Fully updated and revised to take into account the new BIMCO Supplytime 2017 contract with a detailed analysis of the changes since the Supplytime 2005 form and including a new analysis, for the first time, of the BIMCO Bargehire form, this is the only modern work on the law of towage and offshore vessel services. It gives a comprehensive and extensively researched account of the general law coupled with a detailed clause-by-clause commentary and analysis of all of the major standard contracts used in the international offshore, towage and heavylift sectors, comprising the BIMCO Towcon, Towhire, Supplytime and Heavylift forms, the full suite of BIMCO Wreck Removal forms and, now, also the BIMCO Bargehire form, as well as the ISU Salvcon and Salvhire forms.
The Law of Tug and Tow and Offshore Contracts has rapidly established itself as a leading text and is written by, Simon Rainey QC, one of the foremost shipping practitioners with unrivalled experience in the field.
Key reasons to buy The Law of Tug and Tow and Offshore Contracts, Fourth Edition
• the only clause-by-clause commentary on all of the major standard form contracts used by the offshore industry
• the only in-depth analysis of the drafting history of the BIMCO standard form offshore contracts, comparing the recent amended versions in their drafting context;
• the only authoritative analysis of the case law and arbitration decisions affecting the towage and offshore industries
• written from the perspective of a leading practitioner with unrivalled practical experience over many years of the contract forms and of the issues which arise under them (many of which are unreported) and involved in almost all of the leading cases and arbitrations in the field
• written with an eye on the practicalities of how the contracts work given the everyday problems which arise in the industry, with guidance where the standard forms may require amendment
'…a must have for the shelves of any maritime law practitioner or adviser.
BIMCO is quite right to conclude that the book has ‘become effectively a "bible" for all those in the industry using these forms’.
…this an excellent book, well up to date and with detailed, comprehensive and authoritative commentary.'
Professor Nicholas Gaskell, The Journal of International Maritime Law
1. THE CONTRACT OF TOWAGE 2. THE IMPLIED OBLIGATIONS OF TUG AND TOW 3. STANDARD FORM CONTRACTS: (I) THE UK STANDARD CONDITIONS FOR TOWAGE AND OTHER SERVICES 4. STANDARD FORM CONTRACTS: (II) THE BIMCO FORMS ‘‘TOWCON 2008’’ AND ‘‘TOWHIRE 2008’’ 5. STANDARD FORM CONTRACTS: (III) THE BIMCO ‘‘SUPPLYTIME 2017’’ FORM (TOGETHER WITH ITS PREDECESSOR "SUPPLYTIME 2005" AND THE "WINDTIME" VARIANT) 6. STANDARD FORM CONTRACTS: (IV) THE BIMCO ‘‘BARGEHIRE 2008" FORM 7. STANDARD FORM CONTRACTS: (V) THE BIMCO "HEAVYCON 2007"; "HEAVYLIFTVOY" AND "PROJECTCON" FORMS 8. TOWAGE AND SALVAGE 9. THE ISU STANDARD FORM CONTRACTS FOR THE PROVISION OF TUGS TO SALVORS FOR USE IN SALVAGE: "SALVCON 2005" AND "SALVHIRE 2005" 10. THE BIMCO/ISU STANDARD FORM CONTRACTS FOR WRECK REMOVAL AND MARINE SERVICES: "WRECKHIRE 2010"; "WRECKSTAGE 2010" AND "WRECKFIXED 2010" 11. COLLISIONS INVOLVING TUG AND TOW 12. TOWAGE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY 13. TUG AND TOW AND GENERAL AVERAGE 14. ADMIRALTY JURISDICTION
We are proud of our Lloyd’s Shipping Law Library, and rightly so; our collection has the leading titles written by the heavyweight practitioners of the shipping world. Shipping lawyers worldwide will find the information that they need at their fingertips within this library.
This diverse and truly international portfolio covers both wet and dry shipping; for example, we have titles on marine insurance, admiralty jurisdiction, shipbuilding, tug and tow, general average, arrest of ships, and laytime and demurrage. Our key titles include Voyage Charters and Time Charters.