The Middle East and North Africa 2013
Now in its fifty-ninth edition, this title continues to provide the most up-to-date geo-political and economic information for this important world area.
Users of the 59th edition will have access to a vast amount of new content, including:
- comprehensive coverage of the anti-government uprisings across the Middle East and North Africa regions, as well as detailed background information on the political and economic affairs of the affected countries
- coverage of elections in Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Libya and Tunisia
- thoroughly revised directories of political organizations and leaders
- covers the Middle East and North Africa from Algeria to Yemen
- includes topical contributions from acknowledged experts on the region
- accurately and impartially records the latest political and economic developments
- provides comprehensive data on all major organizations in the region.
- introductory essays cover topics relating to the region as a whole, including: Arab–Israeli Relations 1967–2012; Documents on Palestine; Nuclear Proliferation in the Middle East; Political Islam; Oil; Natural Gas; and The Religions of the Middle East and North Africa
Individual chapters on each country incorporating:
- essays on the physical and social geography, recent history and economy of the country
- an extensive statistical survey of economic indicators, which include area and population, health and welfare, agriculture, forestry, fishing, mining, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, communications media and education
- a full directory with names, addresses and contact details covering the constitution, government, legislature, political organizations, election commissions, diplomatic representation, judiciary, religious groups, the media, finance, trade and industry (including petroleum and natural gas), tourism, defence and education
- a bibliography, providing suggestions for further research.
- includes all major international organizations active in the region; research institutes specializing in the region; and select bibliographies of books and periodicals covering the Middle East and North Africa.