Now in its sixty-third edition, this title continues to provide the most up-to-date geo-political and economic information for this important world area.
- covers the Middle East and North Africa from Algeria to Yemen
- includes topical contributions from acknowledged experts on regional affairs
- accurately and impartially records the latest political and economic developments
- provides comprehensive data on all major organizations active in the countries of the region.
- introductory essays cover a wide range of topics relating to the region as a whole.
Individual chapters on each country incorporating:
- essays on the physical and social geography, recent history and economy
- an extensive statistical survey of economic and social indicators, which include area and population, health and welfare, agriculture, forestry, fishing, mining, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, communications media and education
- a full directory with names, addresses and contact details covering the constitution, government, legislature, political organizations, election commissions, diplomatic representation, judiciary, religious groups, the media, finance, trade and industry (including petroleum and natural gas), tourism, defence and education
- a country-specific bibliography, providing suggestions for further research.
- includes all major international organizations active in the Middle East and North Africa; research institutes specializing in the region; and select bibliographies of books and periodicals.
Table of Contents
Part 1: General Survey Part 2: Country Surveys Includes sections on geography, history and economy, as well as statistical surveys, directories and bibliographies for each country Part 3: Regional Information Regional Organizations. Calendars. Research Institutes. Select Bibliography (Books). Select Bibliography (Periodicals). Index of Regional Organizations.