This book demonstrates that the origins of the US-Israeli alliance lay in the former's concern over Egyptian influence in Jordan, contrasting with the widely-held view of the significance of the Six Day War.
The American-Israeli Alliance will be of great interest to students of Middle East studies, history, and politics.
Table of Contents
1. The Origins of the American-Israeli Alliance: A New Perspective 2. The Road to the July 1958 Jordanian Crisis 3. The July 1958 Jordanian Crisis and its Ramifications 4. The April 1963 Jordanian Crisis and its Ramifications 5. Epilogue
About the Series
This series provides a multidisciplinary examination of all aspects of Israeli history, politics and society and serves as a means of communication between the various communities interested in Israel: academics, policy-makers, practitioners, journalists and the informed public.
BISAC Subject Codes/Headings:
- POLITICAL SCIENCE / International Relations / General
- POLITICAL SCIENCE / Political Freedom & Security / Law Enforcement
- POLITICAL SCIENCE / Public Policy / Regional Planning
- SOCIAL SCIENCE / Regional Studies