First published in 2002. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Table of Contents
Introduction and General Bibliography
List of Illustrations
1. Lars Lonnroth, "The Founding of Miogaror" [tr. Peter Acker]
2. Svava Jakobsdottir, "Gunnlo and the Precious Mead" [tr. Katrina Atwood] [Havamal]
3. Carolyne Larrington, "Vafpruonismal and Grimnismal: Cosmic History, Cosmic Geography
4. Joseph Harris, "Cursing with the Thiste: 'Skirnismal' 31, 6-8 and OE Metrical Charm 9, 16-17"
5. Carol Clover, "Harbarosljoo as Generic farce"
6. Preben Meulengracht Sorensen "Porr'd Fishing Expedition" [Hymiskvioa]
7. Philip N. Anderson, "Form and Content in Lokasenna: A Re-evaluation"
8. Jerold C. Frakes, "Loki's Mythological Function in the Tripartite System" [Lokasenna and Loki]
9. Margaret Clunies Ross, "Reading Prymskioa"
10. John McKinnell, "The Context of Vlundarkioa"
11. Paul Acker, "Dwarf-lore in Alvissmal"
12. Thomas D. Hill, "Rigspula: Some Medieval Christian Analogues"
13. Judy Quinn, "Dialogue with a vlva: Vluspa, Baldrs draumar and Hyndlujoo"
Paul Acker is Professor of English at Saint Louis University, where he teaches Old English, Old Icelandic, and History of the English Language.
Carolyne Larrington is Fellow and Tutor in Medieval English Language and Literature at St John’s College, Oxford.