In The Political Economy of Privatization the authors assess the success of privatization. The work is an international study of the extensive privatization, and the pressure towards privatization, in different parts of the world. The book includes:
* A study of the relationship between ownership and performance;
* An assessment of the importance of market structure and regulation;
* A discussion of privatization strategies within the public sector;
* Individual country case-studies, looking at the experience of different countries engaged in the contrasting approaches to privatization.
* A critical assessment of the much vaunted relationship between ownership and efficiency.
`For a comprehensive balance-sheet on the flight from public ownership, specialists should refer to The Political Economy of Privatization.' - New Statesman & Society