This unique comprehensive collection presents the latest multi-disciplinary research in strategic digital outsourcing and digital business strategy, providing a management decision-making framework for successful long-term relationships and collaboration based on trust and governance.
- Part I: Innovation in Business Models and Digital Outsourcing takes an internal company perspective on strategic digital outsourcing, and the importance of trust in outsourcing relationships.
- Part II: Inter-organizational Relations and Transfer explores topics underpinning service recipients and service suppliers’ relationships including governance, knowledge transfer and legal aspects.
- Part III: From On-site to Cloud discusses the challenges presented by moving to a cloud environment, including risks and controls.
- Part IV: Developments to Come explores emerging technologies and their impact on digital outsourcing such as blockchain and the Internet of Things.
In a fiercely competitive market, companies must transform their business models and embrace new approaches. This Companion provides a comprehensive management overview of strategic digital outsourcing and is an invaluable resource for researchers and advanced students in business and strategic information management, as well as a timely resource for systems professionals.
Part I: Innovation in Business Models and Digital Outsourcing
1. Strategic Sourcing in Turbulent Times: The Impact of Trust and Partnership: Robert J. Benson and Pieter M. Ribbers
2. Influence of New Business Models and Technology on Technology Strategy and Partnerships: Christopher P. Holland
3. Enterprise Architecture: Marlies van Steenbergen
4. Agile and DevOps in the Context of Enterprise Architecture & IT Architecture: Bill Schiano
5. Supply Chain Coordination and Integration: Jos van Hillegersberg1 and Dissa R. Chandra
6. Offshore Outsourcing: Hans Solli-Sæther and Petter Gottschalk
7. Impact Sourcing (Socially Responsible Outsourcing): Prof. Ron Babin and Prof. Brian Nicholson
8. Samurais and Ninjas: Ambidexterity @ AXA Konzern AG: Antje Susanne Koch, Pieter Ribbers and Anne-Francoise Rutkowski
9. Can Outsourcing Improve Competitive Advantage in Direct Retail Banking? Julia Kotlarsky and Jan Teckemeyer
Part II: Interorganizational Relations and Transfer
10. Governing and Orchestrating Relationships in Outsourcing with Multiple Vendors: Albert Plugge and Marijn Janssen
11. Knowledge Transfer in the Transition Phase: Review of the Literature and Implications for Digital Business Strategy and Agility: Oliver Krancher
12. Tackling the Challenge of Transition Thases with KAIWA: How to Steer the Critical Success Factors of Human Interaction: Erik Wende and André Mertel
13. Parties, Partners and the Law. Some Contractual and Compliance Issues in Digital Outsourcing: Kees C. Stuurman
Part III: From On-site-to Cloud
14. Welcome Mission Critical Cloud: Arjan Eriks
15. Gravitation of SaaS-Centric Cloud Platforms: André Halckenhaeusser, Armin Heinzl and Kai Spohrer
16. Governing Cloud Computing Services: Mathew Mertens, Steven De Haes and Tim Huygh
17. When the Cloud Runs out of its Silver Lining: Kiron Ravindran, Juan Manuel Gonzalez Muñoz and Alex van den Bergh
Part IV: Developments to Come
Chapter 18. Blockchain and other Distributed Ledgers: Eddy H.J. Vaassen
Chapter 19. Internet of Things: Marcel Baron