The Routledge Companion to World History since 1914 is an outstanding compendium of facts and figures on World History. Fully up-to-date, reliable and clear, this volume is the indispensable source of information on a thorough range of topics such as:
- the Arab-Israeli conflict
- anti-semitism and the Holocaust
- all the world's major famines and natural disasters since 1914
- whether all countries of the world have a king, president, prime minister or other governance
- GNP of the world's major states, year by year
- biographies of key figures
- civil rights movements
- the Vietnam War
- the rise of terrorism
Thematically presented, the book covers topics relevant from the First World War to the Iraq war of 2003, and from post-colonial Africa to conflicts and movements in Southeast Asia.
With maps, chronologies and full bibliography, this user-friendly reference work is the essential companion for students of history, politics and international relations, and for all those with an interest in world history.