The Sensible Guide to Program Management Professional (PgMP)® Success
A Sensible Guide to Program Management Professional (PgMP)® Success is for program managers preparing to take the PgMP exam based on The Standard for Program Management – 4th Edition (PgM4 Standard). It is designed for busy professionals whose responsibilities have taken them into the realm of coordinating, facilitating, managing, and leading programs. Program managers are leaders who are directly managing large amounts of project resources for their organizations.
This study guide addresses three main concerns facing PgMP exam candidates:
- What are the essential concepts, processes, and tools that form the foundation of today’s program management?
- Since program management is still an emerging profession with professionals often working in different ways, what does this mean for a "standard" exam? More specifically, how does that impact your ability to pass the PgMP exam?
- What is the best way to prepare for the PgMP exam?
To address the first concern, this book highlights the underlying rationale for program management: why it exists in organizations; why it is becoming ever more important; what programs are, especially for the purpose of passing the exam; how to think like a portfolio manager; and what the most important concepts, processes, and tools are for this profession. By simplifying complex ideas and communicating them in plain English with relevant examples, this book aims to help readers not only to pass the PgMP exam but also to serve as an essential guide for program managers.
For the second concern, this book differs from other study guides by describing the author’s personal experience as a program manager and addressing the most pressing questions for each of the performance domains in The Standard for Program Management.
To address the last concern, this book contains 420 practice questions, access to an online exam simulator and an online PgMP community, and a time-tested approach for passing the PgMP exam.
2. Understanding Program Management Performance Domains
3. Understanding Program Strategy Alignment
4. Understanding Program Benefits Management
5. Understanding Program Stakeholder Engagement
6. Understanding Program Governance Management
7. Understanding Program Life Cycle Management
8. Understanding Program Activities
9. Program Management Skill Description
10. Practice Exams and Answer Key