The Study of World Politics Volume 2: Globalization and Governance
James Rosenau’s work is known for its originality and clarity and the sixteen articles in this new volume are no exception.
Tackling the specific challenges posed by globalization and governance, this book covers four key areas:
- the challenge – tensions, contradictions, outcomes and global affairs
- the profession – community, globalized space and international relations
- globalization – complexities, contradictions and theory
- governance – understanding and future
The Study of World Politics presents the thinking of one of the most innovative scholars in the last half century. The subjects addressed provide the big picture, whilst also being meticulous in detail.
This new book gives the reader an unparalleled understanding of globalization and governance and is an invaluable tool to students and scholars of politics and world affairs alike.
1. Introduction Part 1: The Challenge 2. The New Global Order: Underpinnings and Outcomes 3. Ominous Tensions in a Globalized World 4. Aging Agendas and Ambiguous Anomalies: Tensions and Contradictions of an Emergent Epoch 5. Global Affairs in an Epochal Transformation Part 2: The Profession 6. Material and Imagined Communities in Globalized Space 7. Many Globalizations, One International Relations 8. The Globalization of Globalization Part 3: Globalization 9. The Complexities and Contradictions of Globalization 10. Toward a Viable Theory of Globalization 11. Democracy and Globalization Part 4: Governance 12. Toward an Ontology for Global Governance 13. Governance in the 21st Century 14. Global Governance as Disaggregated Complexity 15. Change, Complexity, and Governance in Globalized Space 16. Strong Demand, Huge Supply: Governance in an Emergent Epoch Appendix A - Publications of James N. Rosenau
"The best of Rosenau, who constantly pushes new concepts and plays with polarities too often ignored." -Future Survey