The Territories of Indonesia
Edited By Iem Brown Copyright 2004
Also available as eBook on:
A new addition to Europa's popular 'Territories of the World' series, The Territories of Indonesia provides invaluable information on this diverse country. The book supplies an in-depth guide to both the regional dimensions of the area and its inter-provincial politics.
- informative introductory essays provide an impartial background on regional aspects of the Republic
- a chronology covers the major events in the area's political and economic history including: colonial rule, independence, guided democracy, Suharto and recent terrorist activities
- information is provided about the national governments, structures and organizations.
Individual chapters on each of the provinces and special districts, providing:
- a map of the area, with geographical and historical information
- an economic survey presenting the latest available statistics on performance and conditions in each of the provinces and districts
- a directory of the names and addresses of leading administrative and political officials.
This key publication offers a unique insight into the relationship between provinces and central government within Indonesia.
The Contributors, Glossary and Abbreviations, PART ONE: Introduction, PART TWO: Territorial Surveys, PART THREE: Select Bibliography, PART FOUR: Indexes
'this volume offers an excellent single source print overview of the current political and economic state of the component parts of Indonesia' - Reference Reviews