A new addition to Europa's popular 'Territories of the World' series, The Territories of Indonesia provides invaluable information on this diverse country. The book supplies an in-depth guide to both the regional dimensions of the area and its inter-provincial politics.
- informative introductory essays provide an impartial background on regional aspects of the Republic
- a chronology covers the major events in the area's political and economic history including: colonial rule, independence, guided democracy, Suharto and recent terrorist activities
- information is provided about the national governments, structures and organizations.
Individual chapters on each of the provinces and special districts, providing:
- a map of the area, with geographical and historical information
- an economic survey presenting the latest available statistics on performance and conditions in each of the provinces and districts
- a directory of the names and addresses of leading administrative and political officials.
This key publication offers a unique insight into the relationship between provinces and central government within Indonesia.
'this volume offers an excellent single source print overview of the current political and economic state of the component parts of Indonesia' - Reference Reviews