Theory of Transformations in Steels
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after March 26, 2021
Written by the leading authority in the field of solid-state phase transformations, Theory of Transformations in Steels is the first book to provide readers with a complete discussion of the theory of transformations in steel.
- Offers comprehensive treatment of solid-state transformations, covering the vast number in steels
- Serves as a single source for almost any aspect of the subject
- Features discussion of physical properties, thermodynamics, diffusion, and kinetics
- Covers ferrites, martensite, cementite, carbides, nitrides, substitutionally-alloyed precipitates, and pearlite
- Contains a thoroughly researched and comprehensive list of references as further and recommended reading
With its broad and deep coverage of the subject, this work aims at inspiring research within the field of materials science and metallurgy.
Table of Contents
1. Crystal Structures and Physical Properties. 2. Thermodynamics. 3. Diffusion. 4. Ferrite by Reconstructive Transformation. 5. Martensite. 6. Bainite. 7. Widmanstatten Ferrite. 8. Cementite. 9. Other Fe-C Carbides. 10. Nitrides. 11. Substitutionally-Alloyed Precipitates. 12. Pearlite. 13. Kinetics.
Harshad K. D. H. Bhadeshia is the Tata Steel Professor of Metallurgy at the University of Cambridge. His main interest has been on the theory of solid-state phase transformations with emphasis on the prediction and verification of microstructural development in complex metallic alloys, particularly multicomponent steels. He has authored or co-authored some 700 publications including several books. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society, the Royal Academy of Engineering, and a Foreign Fellow of the National Academy of Engineering (India). Professor Bhadeshia was in 2015 appointed a Knights Bachelor in the Queen’s Birthday Honours for services to Science and Technology.