This book provides the latest information about the research being conducted and established solutions available in the field of thermal spray coatings for various engineering applications. The readers of this book will be mainly the graduates, engineers and researchers who are pursuing their carrier in the field of thermal spraying. This book will cover the studies and research works of reputed scientists and engineers who have developed thermal spray coatings for thermal protection, bio-implants, renewal energy, wear and corrosion in hydraulic turbines and jet engines, hydrophobic surfaces etc. Hence, the book serves as a valuable resource of latest advancement in thermal spray technology and consolidated references for aspirants and professionals of surface engineering community. The book covers following topics for different industrial applications:
- Introduction: Historical developments, Science and Engineering aspects of thermal spray coating technology and different thermal spray coatings techniques and its comparison with other fabrication processes.
- Recent advancements and applications of thermal spray coatings
- Cold spray technology for additive manufacturing.
- High-temperature corrosion and erosion resistant coatings and thermal barrier coatings for power plants, automotive sector, and jet engines.
- Erosion and corrosion-resistant coatings for hydro-power plants, offshore, chemical and oil industries.
- Bio-coatings for human body implants.
- Thermal spray coating for super-hydrophobic surface.
3. Case study of boiler tubes failure and prevention by thermal spray coatings.
Table of Contents
1. Thermal Spraying Fundamentals. 2. Cold Spraying of 3D parts. 3. Instant Tuning of Wettability of Metallic Coating. 4. Tribological Behaviour of Surface Coatings for Hot Forming Die Steels. 5.Thermal Conductivity, Failure Life Prediction of Thermal Barrier Coatings and Hot Erosion of Oxidation Resistant Coatings. 6. Investigation of Microstructural and Tribological Behavior of Metco 41C+WC-12Co Composite Coating Sprayed by HVOF Process. 7. Performance Status of Different Advanced Thermal Barrier Coatings Against Failure Mechanisms in Gas Turbines. 8. Hot Corrosion Characteristics of HVOF sprayed Cr3C2-25NiCr Protective Coating on Ni-based Superalloys. 9. Microstructural and Dry Sliding Wear Resistant of Iron Based SiC Reinforced 10. Composite Coating by HVOF Process. 11. Application Of Thermal Spray Coatings For Erosion, Abrasion, and Corrosion Applications in Hydropower Plants And Offshore Industry. 12. Bio-inert and Bioactive Coatings for Human Body Implants Effect of Microwave Heating on the Mechanical and Tribological Properties of the Thermal Sprayed Coatings. 13. Plasma Spray Coating. 14. Thermal Spraying Process Kinematics. 15. A Case Study on the Failure Analysis, Prevention and Control of Boiler Tubes at Elevated Temperatures.
Lalit Thakur is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra, India.
Hitesh Vasudev is currently working as Associate Professor at Lovely Professional University, Phagwara-India.