Email and Internet use is increasingly topical as employers and employees test the boundaries of acceptable use of new communications technology in the workplace. The potential legal liabilities make this a crucial decision-making area for all involved in human resources management.
Tolley’s Managing Email and Internet Use will provide you with the essential legal guidance and practical advice to establish, implement and enforce a policy for internet and Email use in your workplace. Tolley’s Managing Email and Internet Use analyses and interprets (in plain language) the law on monitoring employees’ Email and internet activity, the use of confidentiality notices, privacy, harassment and Email interception by employers. It also provides information on the key regulations and guidelines which affect Email and internet policy, including the Human Rights Act 1998, Data Protection Act 1998 and the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000.
Tolley’s Managing Email and Internet Use is the only practical guide to offer you:
- strategic guidance on implementing, policing and maintaining an effective Email and internet policy
- Current thinking on managing Email and internet use
- Sample policies, disclaimers, rules and procedures to assist in establishing your own guidelines
- A practical approach featuring questions and answers, checklists and case studies
- An accessible read regardless of previous legal experience
- Latest case law from recent cases involving Email and internet policy
Tolley’s Managing Email and Internet Use is a complete reference source for Email and internet policy in the workplace.
1. Uses and abuses of communication systems in the workplace
2. Legal liabilities arising from misuse of Email and the internet
3. Unlawful harassment
4. Confidentiality issues
5. The employment contract
6. Monitoring telephone calls, Email and internet use
7. The implications of the Human Rights Act on employers’ right to monitor
8. Email and internet policies and guidance notes
9. Introducing new policies, rules and procedures
10. Security and tackling Email and internet abuse
11. Disciplinary procedures and dismissal