Provides practical advice on the use of quantitative techniques used in tourism. Thoroughly revised and updated, the new edition includes new guidelines for domestic and international statistics produced by the World Tourism Organization. The book provides practical tools for both market planning as well as for product assessment, especially regional and environmental planning.
1. An overview of tourism research.
2. Defining and describing tourism.
3. Collecting data on tourism.
4. Understanding the tourist.
5. Segmenting the tourism market.
6. Forecasting tourism demand and market trends.
7. Selecting a site for business development.
8. Defining the geographic scope of the industry.
9. Describing tourism regions.
10. Shadow prices and non-marketing valuation.
11. Impact and evaluation methods.