Stay up to date with the most effective practices in tourism demand forecasting!
Tourism Forecasting and Marketing presents vital, up-to-date research on the latest practice and applications of tourism demand modeling and forecasting. The book addresses both econometric and time series approaches to forecasting, focusing on the concepts, model specification, data analysis, and methodologies used in day-to-day tourism planning. An international panel of practitioners and academics call on a diverse range of empirical research findings to discuss commonly used theoretical frameworks for forecasting and future directions tourism demand is likely to take.
Tourism Forecasting and Marketing presents research findings from the United States, the United Kingdom, Asia, and Australia that are invaluable for guiding government and private sector tourism investment and development decisions. The book addresses traditional versus modern forecasting techniques; evaluations of current and past forecasting methods; modeling and forecasting destination choice; and the impact of forecasting and marketing on tourism demand. Topics include:
- using time series models to forecast inbound tourism demand for China and Greece
- determining the economic factors that influence tourism demand in Hong Kong, Indonesia, and Malaysia
- examining domestic travel expenditures in South Korea
- developing a model to forecast ski tourism
- using the Palmore cohort analysis for tourism forecasting
- and much more!
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Tourism Forecasting: State of the Art
- Forecasting China’s Monthly Inbound Travel Demand
- Forecasting International Tourism Demand for Greece: A Contingency Approach
- Factors Affecting Demand for Tourism in Hong Kong
- Modeling Tourist Flows to Indonesia and Malaysia
- Determinants of Domestic Travel Expenditure in South Korea
- Trends and Forecasts for Inbound Tourism to China
- Learning and Ability to Pay: Developing a Model to Forecast Ski Tourism
- Forecasting Travel Patterns Using Palmore’s Cohort Analysis
- Reference Notes Included