This book engages the limits of transitional justice and, more speci
Table of Contents
Table of contents
Notes on contributors
1. Transitional Justice and Beyond: An Introduction to Critical, International and Interdisciplinary Debates
2. Tackling Structural Violence through the Transformative Justice Framework
3. Addressing Historical Wrongs in Post-Transition South Africa: What role for transformative justice?
4. The transformative potential of post-war justice initiatives in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Daniela Lai and Caterina Bonora
5. The Problem of Elites
6. Culture: The missing link in transitional justice; an imperative for transformative justice
7. Selective Justice and Constructions of Victimhood at the Khmer Rouge Tribunal
8. Distant historical wrongs, truth telling and restorative justice: Exploring schools and museums as potential vehicles for repairing historical wrongs
Afterwords on Aftermaths
Dr Matthew Evans is a teaching fellow in law, politics and sociology at the School of Law, Politics and Sociology, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK, and visiting researcher in political studies at the School of Social Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa.