From the Foreword
"Getting CPS dependability right is essential to forming a solid foundation for a world that increasingly depends on such systems. This book represents the cutting edge of what we know about rigorous ways to ensure that our CPS designs are trustworthy. I recommend it to anyone who wants to get a deep look at these concepts that will form a cornerstone for future CPS designs."
--Phil Koopman, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Trustworthy Cyber-Physical Systems Engineering provides practitioners and researchers with a comprehensive introduction to the area of trustworthy Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) engineering. Topics in this book cover questions such as
- What does having a trustworthy CPS actually mean for something as pervasive as a global-scale CPS?
- How does CPS trustworthiness map onto existing knowledge, and where do we need to know more?
- How can we mathematically prove timeliness, correctness, and other essential properties for systems that may be adaptive and even self-healing?
- How can we better represent the physical reality underlying real-world numeric quantities in the computing system?
- How can we establish, reason about, and ensure trust between CPS components that are designed, installed, maintained, and operated by different organizations, and which may never have really been intended to work together?
Featuring contributions from leading international experts, the book contains sixteen self-contained chapters that analyze the challenges in developing trustworthy CPS, and identify important issues in developing engineering methods for CPS.
The book addresses various issues contributing to trustworthiness complemented by contributions on TCSP roadmapping, taxonomy, and standardization, as well as experience in deploying advanced system engineering methods in industry. Specific approaches to ensuring trustworthiness, namely, proof and refinement, are covered, as well as engineering methods for dealing with hybrid aspects.
Concepts Of Dependable Cyber-Physical Systems Engineering: Model-Based Approaches. Pathways To Dependable Cyber-Physical Systems Engineering. A Rigorous Definition Of Cyber-Physical Systems. A Generic Model For System Substitution Incremental Proof-Based Development For Resilient Distributed Systems. Formalizing Goal-Oriented Developmentof Resilient Cps. Formal Reasoning About Resilient Cps. Collaborative Modeling And Simulation For Cyber-Physical Systems. Verifying Trustworthy Cyber-Physical Systems Using Closed-Loop Modeling. Stop And Go Adaptive Cruise Control: A Case Study Of Automotive Cyber-Physical Systems. Model-Based Analysis Of Energy Consumption Behavior. A Formal Dsl For Multicore System Management. New Standards For Trustworthy Cyber-Physical Systems. Measurement-Based Identification Of Infrastructures For Trustworthy Cyber-Physical Systems. Mdd-Based Design, Configuration, And Monitoring Of Resilient Cps. Education Of Scientific Approaches To Trustworthy Systems For Industry: After 10 Years.