Understanding Cybersecurity Technologies
A Guide to Selecting the Right Cybersecurity Tools
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after December 15, 2021
Cyberattacks on enterprises, government institutions, and individuals are exponentially growing. At the same time, the number of companies, both small and large, offering all types of solutions has been increasing too. Since companies rely on technological solutions to protect themselves against cyber-attacks, understanding and selecting the right solutions among all those offered presents a significant challenge for professionals, company executives, and newcomers to the cybersecurity field.
- Presents descriptions for each type of cybersecurity technology and their specifications
- Explains applications, usage, and offers case studies to enhance comprehension
- Offers an easy to understand classification of exiting cybersecurity technologies
- Provides an understanding of the technologies without getting lost in the technical details Focuses on the technologies that exist and used in different solutions, without focusing on the companies that offer these technologies
This book is intended to help all professionals new to cybersecurity, students, and experts to use the content to learn or educate their audiences on the foundations of the solutions already offered.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Cybersecurity Technologies Classification
Chapter 2. Encryption
Chapter 3. Authentication
Chapter 4. Biometrics
Chapter 5. Firewall Technologies
Chapter 6. Virus Detection
Chapter 7. Phishing Detection
Chapter 8. Endpoint Protection
Chapter 9. Malware Protection Technology
Chapter 10. The Internet of things (IoT)
Chapter 11. Network Security
Chapter 12. Location Tracking
Chapter 13. Surveillance
Chapter 14. Insider Threat Protection
Chapter 15. Intrusion Detection
Chapter 16. Vulnerability Scanning
Chapter 17. Penetration Testing
Chapter 18. Conclusion
Dr. Abbas Moallem is a consultant and adjunct professor at San Jose State University, California where he teaches human-computer interaction, cybersecurity, information visualization and human factors. He is the program chair of HCI-CPT, the International Conference on HCI for Cybersecurity, Privacy and Trust.
Dr. Moallem is the editor of "HCI in cybersecurity Handbook" and the author of "Cybersecurity Awareness Among College Students and Faculty". He is also the editor of a book series from CRC PRESS called "The Human Element in Smart and Intelligent Systems Series".