Understanding FIDIC The Rainbow Suite
Understanding FIDIC explains in simple and practical terms what is often seen as a very complex range of international engineering and construction contracts.
Covering the FIDIC 2017 Red, Yellow and Silver Books (referred to as "The Rainbow Suite"), the book gives an overview of all three contracts, including coverage of changes between the 1999 contracts and the present 2017 suite. FIDIC contracts are widely used as far afield as Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia, and this book provides a practical yet thorough guide to the key elements that practitioners preparing and administering these contracts would need to be aware of.
In his approachable and readable style, Kelvin Hughes covers:
- The obligations and responsibilities of the Employer, the Employer’s Representative, the Engineer and the Contractor
- Quality and Defects Liability
- Design Responsibility and Liability
- Variations, Measurement and Payment Procedures
- Progress, Delays, Extensions of Time and Completion
- Suspension and Termination
- Employer’s and Contractor’s Claims
- The Dispute Avoidance/Adjudication Board and the Resolution of Disputes
Anyone working with FIDIC contracts whether as the Employer, Employer’s Representative, Engineer or Contractor will benefit greatly from this easy-to-read guide to the Rainbow Suite. Students on professional courses or researching the contracts for project work will also find this book extremely useful.
1. Overview of FIDIC and its Contracts 2. The 'Old and the New' - FIDIC 1999 Becomes FIDIC 2017 3. Obligations and Responsibilities of the Employer, The Employer's Representative, The Engineer and the Contractor 4. Quality and Defects Liability 5. Design Responsibility and Liability 6. Variations, Measurement and Payment Procedures 7. Progress, Delays, Extensions of Time and Completion 8. Suspension and Termination 9. Care of the Works and Indemnities, Exceptional Events, Insurance 10. Employer's and Contractor's Claims 11. The Dispute Avoidance/Adjudication Board and the Resolution of Disputes 12. Tendering Using the FIDIC 2017 Contracts