This is an up-to-date account of how the European Union works, including developments since the introduction of the Treaty on European Union, the modifications introduced since the Treaty of Amsterdam and the preparations for economic and monetary union and enlargement. It focuses on how the EU is structured and operates, and has a review of the nature and operations of the major policies.
Table of Contents
- The Integration Impulse
- The Area of Governance
- The Policy Bases
- The Pre-History and the Third Pillar
- The Pre-History of EPC and CFSP
- The Abandonment of the 'Community Method.'
- The Financial Perspectives 2000-2005
- Passage to the Third State of EMU