Understanding Twice-Exceptional Learners offers an in-depth look at the needs and lived experiences of students who are twice-exceptional. This book:
- Includes detailed examinations of co-occurring disabilities commonly found in twice-exceptional populations.
- Features studies of ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, autism spectrum disorders (ASD), anxiety, OCD, and more.
- Bridges the divide between research about and practical strategies for teaching gifted students with learning challenges.
- Is Ideal for university teacher preparation courses and graduate programs.
- Provides strength-based strategies that focus on students' unique gifts and talents.
Each chapter includes a comprehensive literature review, suggested interventions, resources for further exploration, and vignettes that highlight experiences of twice-exceptional students and the behaviors and needs that practitioners might commonly see in the classroom.
This work covers a lot of information and provides a lot of ways for educators to deal with each problem. Once again Prufrock Press has produced another great work for educators.,Lewie Dunn,Georgia Military College, 12/16/20