This project is aimed the 16+ age range inside or outside any kind of educational institution. It is for courses concerned with general education - either in general studies programmes or as aspects of specialist teaching. Narrative has been kept to a minimum. Instead, the books are more a collection of different items of teaching and learning materials: for example, the collection of key concepts, and the list of key questions connected withe the study. The books are compact in content and flexible in use.
This book was first published in 1974.
Table of Contents
1. Objectives of urban study
2. Understanding the urban environment: three analogies
3. Understanding the urban environment: a summary of major concepts and questions from contributory disciplines
4. New towns
5. The future: what can we expect?
6. Examining facts and figures
7. Examining maps
8. Examining photographs
9. Examining views: quotations on aspects of urban life
10. The future: what do we want?
11. Urban issues: testing political reaction
12. Key questions
13. The scientific approach: method of inquiry
14. Books and other sources of information
15. Key concepts: a test?
16. Facts test
17. Test answers