Scientific management strategies can help in exploring anthropogenic wastes (human-made materials) as potential resources through the urban mining concept and be a panacea for sustainable development. This book covers five broader aspects of waste management and resource recovery in urban mining including solid and liquid waste management and treatment. It explains sustainable approaches of urban mining for the effective management of solid and liquid wastes and facilitates their conversion into secondary resources. Overall, this book provides details of urban mining and its different applications including current waste management problems, practices, and challenges faced worldwide.
- Presents a holistic approach for urban mining considering various types of wastes
- Describes contemporary integrated approaches for waste management with specific case studies
- Provides technical, social, and environmental aspects of solid and liquid wastes
- Considers aspects of sustainability and a circular bio-economy
- Incorporates pertinent case studies on water and wastewater management
This volume caters to researchers and graduate students in environmental engineering, solid waste management, wastewater treatment, and materials science.