Written by VM-certified instructors with years of professional and teaching experience, VMware Certified Professional Test Prep is the ultimate guide to the VCP exam. Its organized and highly practical approach will help administrators successfully complete the exam while also maximizing their ability to apply this tool on the job. The guide covers the body of knowledge required of a VMware certified professional, provides the tools needed to keep that knowledge current, and helps develop the wherewithal to apply that knowledge to real solutions.
Covering the ESX 3.0.x through ESX 3.5.x releases that are the focus of the VCP test, this volume:
- Reproduces many of the real-world examples that have proven very helpful to students in the authors’ classrooms
- Applies step-by-step instructions to more than 700 software screenshots, providing a virtual hands-on experience
- Points to Web resources that will keep the reader current with the latest advances
- Includes logistical information on the test, including costs and class location
- Covers background information on various topics such as storage and networking to provide a complete understanding on the implementation of a VMWare VI3 solution
- Provides questions at the end of the chapters that cover the important concepts
Also of great use to those administrators who have already received their certification, this book includes solutions to many of the common gotchas that they are certain to encounter in virtual environments. In particular, capacity-planning concepts reveal the specific details needed to make full use of VMware’s unique resource management capabilities. Troubleshooting tips appear throughout the book, making it a useful resource in the virtualized datacenter.
Table of Contents
Signing up for the Test. Overview of VMware Products and Technologies. Installing ESX. Networking. Storage. Creating Virtual Machines. Installing and Configuring VirtualCenter. Permissions and rights. Creating and Configuring Resource Pools. Enterprise Features: VMotion, HA, DRS. Monitoring and Alerting. Resource Optimization. VMware Consolidate Backup. Troubleshooting.
Ilgenfritz, Merle; Ilgenfritz, John