This is the first revision book to be published specifically for candidates sitting the FRCS(Urol) examination, which tests the required standard of a recognised Urology specialist. It provides a selection of common clinical scenarios together with a guide to answering the FRCS(Urol) questions. Each chapter is written by Consultant Urological Surgeons or Senior Urology Trainees who have already been successful in passing the examination. This second edition responds to continual changes in practice:
- The chapters on urological cancers including prostate cancer, bladder cancer and renal cancer have important updates due to emergence of new evidence and changes in NICE, EAU and AUA guidelines.
- Substantial revisions to other sections such as paediatric urology, female urology, urinary stone disease, benign prostatic hyperplasia and uro-technology to meet standards of current best practice.
- Adds an extra chapter on the TNM classification of urological cancers.
The book remains an invaluable revision tool for the FRCS(Urol) and will also be useful for individuals sitting the FEBU and equivalent postgraduate urological examinations in the USA, Australia and Asia. Established consultants will also find value in the text as a ‘refresher’ in areas outside their subspecialist interest.
1) PROSTATE CANCER
Professor Hashim U. Ahmed, Jane Boddy, Alan Doherty, Lyndon Gommersall, and Manit Arya
2) TESTICULAR CANCER
Farooq A. Khan and Jas S. Kalsi
3) PENILE CANCER
4) UROTHELIAL CANCER
David Mak, Muhammad J. Khan, Herman Fernando, Ciaran Lynch, Lyndon Gommersall
5) KIDNEY CANCER
Emma Bromwich, Ahmed Qteishat, Herman Fernando and Dominic Hodgson
6) PAEDIATRIC UROLOGY
Aruna Abhyankar and Arash K. Taghizadeh
7) UROLOGICAL EMERGENCIES PART 1
Iqbal S. Shergill and Basharat Jameel
8) UROLOGICAL EMERGENCIES PART 2: GENITOURINARY TRAUMA & URETHRAL STRICTURE
Davendra M. Sharma, Iqbal S. Shergill and Manit Arya
9) URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS
Vibhash Mishra and Jas Kalsi
10) URINARY TRACT STONES
Thomas Johnston, Mark Rochester and Oliver Wiseman
11) FEMALE UROLOGY AND NEUROUROLOGY
Christian Nayar, Vinay Kalsi, Rizwan Hamid, Julian Shah, Tina Rashid
12) BENIGN PROSTATE HYPERPLASIA
Iqbal S. Shergill, Ananda K. Dhansekharan, Jas S. Kalsi and William J. McAllister
Jas S. Kalsi, Suks Minhas and Asif Muneer
14) TECHNOLOGY IN UROLOGY AND PRINCIPLES OF URORADIOLOGY AND MISCELLANEOUS
Gideon Ellis, Daniel Cohen, John A. Bycroft and Jim Adshead
15) TNM CLASSIFICATIONS FOR UROLOGICAL CANCERS
16) COMMONLY ASKED VIVA QUESTIONS