Routledge Language Workbooks are practical introductions to specific areas of language for absolute beginners. They provide comprehensive coverage of the area as well as a basis for further study. Language Workbooks can be used for independent study or as part of a taught class.
* covers issues such as the power of words to influence our perceptions
* looks at the origins of words from English and other languages
* explores the relationships between the meanings and shapes of words
* examines the correlation of different kinds of words with different style levels
* uses striking and entertaining examples to make fundamental points about the words we use
* lays the groundwork for further study in morphology, lexical semantics, historical linguistics and lexicography.
Routledge Language Workbooks provide absolute beginners with practical introductions to core areas of language study. Books in the series provide comprehensive coverage of the area as well as a basis for further investigation. Each Language Workbook guides the reader through the subject using 'hands-on' language analysis, equipping them with the basic analytical skills needed to handle a wide range of data. Written in a clear and simple style, with all technical concepts fully explained, Language Workbooks can be used for independent study or as part of a taught class. Language Workbooks: