Molecular Tools, Techniques, and Applications
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after February 18, 2022
Wastewater Treatment: Molecular Tools, Techniques, and Applications provides an insight about the application of different tools and technology for exploring microbial structure-function relationships that involved in WWTPs. From the present day consequence of alarming usable water crysis throughout the globe, an immediate action on water cycle is necessary. Along with other options the waste water recycling is one major opportunity to combat the future scarcity. The book aims to provide a comprehensive view of advanced emerging technologies for wastewater treatment, heavy metal removal, pesticide degradation, dye removal, waste management, microbial transformation of environmental contaminants, etc. It also describes different application of Omic tools in Waste water treatment plants (WWTPs),describes the role of microorganisms in WWTPs, points out the reuse of treated wastewater through emerging technologies, also includes the recovery of resources from wastewater and emphasizes on cutting edge molecular tools for WWTPs. We hope the content of the book will be very much usefull for the community who are directly associated in wastewater management research, people who are associated with environmental awarness programme and the students of UG and PG courses.
- This book highlights the importance of molecular genomics, molecular biology techniques to sort out the problems faced by industrialist who operates wastewater treatment plant with the ever-increasing number of environmental pollutants.
- Describes application of different Omic tools in Wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs)
- Describes the role of microorganisms in WWTPs
- Points out the reuse of treated wastewater through emerging technologies.
- Includes the recovery of resources from wastewater
- Emphasizes on cutting edge molecular tools
- This book targets engineers, scientists and managers who require an excellent introduction and basic knowledge to the principles of molecular biology or molecular genomics in the area of wastewater treatment.
- Different professionals working or interested in the Environmental Microbiology or Bioremediation or Environmental Genomics field.
- Students on Environmental Biotechnology/Microbiology.
Table of Contents
An overview of wastewater treatment facilities in Asian and European countries
Komal Agrawal and Pradeep Verma
Application of molecular tools and biosensors for monitoring water microbiota
Sonal Nigam and Surbhi Sinha
Molecular techniques to study microbial ecology and dynamics for wastewater treatment
Gangar Tarun, Satyam, Hazarika Risha, and Patra Sanjukta
Different Methods and Technologies of Advanced Oxidation Processes Adopted In Industrial Wastewater Treatment
Anitha Thulasisingh, Sathish kumar Kannaiyan, Poojitha Nagapushnam and Yamunadevi Balakrishnan
Molecular approaches for removal of toxic metal by genetically modified microbes
Joorie Bhattacharya, Rahul Nitnavare, and Sougata Ghosh
Role of microorganisms in performance optimization of WWTPs
Moupriya Nag, Dibyajit Lahiri, Sayantani Garai, Dipro Mukherjee and Rina Rani Ray
Elucidation of microbial diversity in wastewater treatment systems through molecular tools
Nikhil Naira, Sanchita Patwardhana, Nomvano Mketob, Nilesh S. Wagha and Jaya Lakkakulaa
Recent advancement and combination of different molecular tools, techniques for applications in wastewater treatment
Ritwija Bhattacharya, Indraneel Rakshit, Aniruddha Mukhopadhyay, and Pritha Bhattacharjee
Current treatment technologies available for different types of wastewater
Adhishree Nagda and Mukesh Meena
Application of omic tools for microbial community structure and function analysis
Hiren K. Patel, Divyesh K. Vasava, Hiren N. Bhalani, and Rishee K. Kalaria
Reuse of treated wastewater through emerging technologies
Rifat Ara Masud, Farzana Yeasmin, M. Mehedi Hasan and Md. Kamruzzaman
Biological wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs) for industrial wastewater
Md. Didarul Islam, Meem Muhtasim Mahdi, Md. Arafat Hossain, and Md. Minhazul Abedin
Secondary clarification of wastewater relying on biological treatment processes: advancements and drawbacks
Sahil Dhiman and Ayushi Sharma
Molecular Tools for Microbial Diversity Analysis
Ekta Saini, Pooja Rohilla, Sakshi Papneja, and Sourish Bhattacharya
Maulin P. Shah has more than 260 research publication in highly reputed national and international journals. He has edited 70 books in waste-water microbiology, Industrial waste-water treatment with Elsevier, Springer, and CRC Press. His work has been focused to assess the impact of industrial pollution on microbial diversity of wastewater following cultivation dependent and cultivation independent analysis. His major work involves isolation, screening, identification, and Genetic Engineering of high impact of Microbes for the degradation of hazardous materials.