Water, sanitary and waste services represent a substantial proportion of the cost of construction, averaging 10% of the capital costs of building and with continuing costs in operation and maintenance. Nevertheless, they are often regarded as a 'Cinderella' within the building process. Parts of many different codes and regulations impact on these services, making an overall viewpoint more difficult to get.
This new edition of this classic text draws together material from a variety of sources to provide the comprehensive coverage not available elsewhere. It is a resource for the sound design, operation and maintenance of these services and should be on the bookshelf of every building services engineer and architect.
Table of Contents
* Water use, load and storage estimation
* Water requirements and Regulations
* Water installations
* Principles of soil and waste pipe installations
* Design of soil and waste pipe installations
* Solid waste storage and handling.
* Rationalisation of services.
* Fluid flow principles and studies
* Unsteady flow modelling in building drainage systems
* Water conservation.
* Soil and waste drainage underground
* Rainwater drainage
* Plastics and their appplications.
* Notes on sizing storage and piping for water supply
A.F.E. Wise, John Swaffield