Western Europe 2015
The definitive survey of the countries and territories of Western Europe, comprising expert analysis and commentary, up-to-date economic and socio-political data and extensive directory information.
New for 2015:
- new essays examining energy security in Western Europe and mainstream parties and immigration, and fully revised essays on the European Union, the economies of the eurozone, the region’s defence policies, Western Europe and emerging economies, the environment, and parties of the populist right
- analysis of recent elections in the region, including Belgium and Sweden
- details of cabinet reorganizations and new heads of state in the region
Essays by leading experts on the area cover issues of regional importance.
Individual chapters on each country, comprising:
- an introductory survey, containing essays on the geography, history and economy of each country, including a chronology and map.
- an extensive statistical survey of economic and demographic indicators, including area and population, health and welfare, agriculture, forestry, fishing, mining, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, communications media and education.
- a comprehensive directory of names and contact details covering the most significant political and commercial institutions.
- a directory of research institutes specializing in the region
- bibliographies of books and periodicals covering the region.
‘Excellent, authoritative, valuable.’ – Reference Review
‘Prepared with the meticulous attention to detail which characterizes the Europa series of reference books.’ – Reference and Research Book News
‘…recommended for library purchase.’ – Irish Political Studies