Bert Rosenbloom has brought together leading academic scholars on wholesale distribution who present state-of-the-art analyses and research on the subject. Their chapters clarify readers’insight and deepen their understanding of this two trillion dollar industry with a wide range of topics. Among those covered in Wholesale Distribution Channels are:
- improving sales force effectiveness
- power relationships in wholesale distribution channels
- wholesalers’liability for defective products
- the impact of dominant buyers on wholesaling
- wholesalers as marketing experts
- transportation cost-effectiveness
- profitability of wholesalers in vertical marketsReaders will find objective treatment of key issues based on research that provides evidence, not opinion. Many of the authors provide practical recommendations for applying the findings to wholesaling practice. The issues focused on in this book are based on input from the boards of directors representing major wholesale trade associations.