Bert Rosenbloom has brought together leading academic scholars on wholesale distribution who present state-of-the-art analyses and research on the subject. Their chapters clarify readers’insight and deepen their understanding of this two trillion dollar industry with a wide range of topics. Among those covered in Wholesale Distribution Channels are:
- improving sales force effectiveness
- power relationships in wholesale distribution channels
- wholesalers’liability for defective products
- the impact of dominant buyers on wholesaling
- wholesalers as marketing experts
- transportation cost-effectiveness
- profitability of wholesalers in vertical marketsReaders will find objective treatment of key issues based on research that provides evidence, not opinion. Many of the authors provide practical recommendations for applying the findings to wholesaling practice. The issues focused on in this book are based on input from the boards of directors representing major wholesale trade associations.
Table of Contents
- Strategies for Improving Sales Force Effectiveness in Wholesale Distribution
- How the Industrial Salesperson’s Use of Power Can Affect Distributor Satisfaction: An Empirical Examination
- Intermediate Sellers: Wholesaler Liability for Defective Products
- Dominant Buyers: Are They Changing the Wholesaler’s Role in Marketing Channels?
- The Role of Wholesaler-Distributors as Marketing Experts: Testing the Effect of Price and Quality in the Wine Industry
- Inter-Level Effects on Profitability in Vertical Market Relationships and the Role of Wholesalers
- Cost-Effective Transport Choices for Wholesaler-Distributors Using Transport Probability Analysis
- Reference Notes Included
Bert Rosenbloom holds The G. Behrens Ulrich Professorship in Marketingat Drexel University. One of the world’s leading experts on the management ofmarketing channels and distribution systems, Dr. Rosenbloom has also been anactive consultant for a broad range of industries in manufacturing, wholesaling,retailing, communications, services, and real estate in the United States andabroad.