Who's Who is Russia and the Soviet Union is a unique reference guide which examines the leading political, economic, cultural, military, scientific and sporting personalities from 1900-1991. Through analysis of figures such as Stalin, Brezhnev, Khrushchev, Yeltsin, Ratushinskaya and Sakharov, a comprehensive portrait of Russian and Soviet society in this era emerges. The book takes the reader up to the collapse of the Soviet Union and provides:
- detailed biographical information on each leading figure
- bibliographical references with entries as an aid to further research
- a comprehensive glossary of Russian terms, concepts and institutions and a useful chronology of events
- an accessible and user-friendly A-Z layout
- an invaluable guide for students, teachers, researchers, and the general reader alike.