112 pages | 11 B/W Illus.
Workplace Violence: Issues in Threat Management defines what workplace violence is, delves into the myths and realities surrounding the topic and provides readers with the latest statistics, thinking, and strategies in the prevention of workplace violence. The authors, who themselves have implemented successful workplace violence protection programs, guide novice and experienced practitioners alike in the development of their own programs.
1. Introduction: What is Workplace Violence?
2. The Foundation: Creation of a Workplace Violence Prevention Policy
3. Development of a Threat Management Program
4. Principles of Threat Assessment and Management
5. Legal Considerations in the Management of Threats
Michael A. Crane, Esq. and Matthew W. Doherty
6. The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Its Role in the Management of Workplace Threats
7. Risk Assessment in Domestic Violence and Stalking Cases
Pamela A. Paziotopolous
8. Case Studies
9. Research in Assessing Levels of Threat: Implications for Workplace Violence Training